© Desiged & Created: Niqui Bosch 2009 - 2018
Tel: +264 67 221205 / Fax: +264 67 221206
Cell: +264 81 124 1270 / E-mail
Cell: +264 81 124 4136 / E-mail / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dialling Code (00264)
Contact Details Namibia High Commission
+27 (012) 481-9100
+27 (012) 422-3298
CBC (Cross-border charges)
+264 6329 7095
+264 6328 0023
Noordoewer Border Post
+264 6329 7147
Customs Windhoek (For Carnets)
Tel: +264 61 209 2060 / 2424
Roads Authority Namibia
+264 61 284 7215
Tel: +264 612 057 111
The Turn-off to Malyo Wilderness Camp lies about 28 km South of Kongola on the C49 Gravel Road. The turn-off is well marked with the board - photo left - and leads to a sub-road of about 3 km. A mopane bridge has been constructed to take you over a backwater, this at about 2,4 km from the turn-off.
This road is drivable with a normal vehicle OUTSIDE of the rain periods (November to mid-April), but 4X4 vehicles are preferred.
Please note the bridge can take up to 4 tons, with a speed limit of 5 km/hr.
What you need: Info & requirements:
Visas are not required by SA passport holders for tourism purposes. If for business travel for longer than three days, a visa is required.
Yellow Fever (if coming from an affected area)
· Valid passport
· Original vehicle registration papers: Note that a certified copy is acceptable at the border post. Persons whose vehicles are still being financed by the bank will not have original vehicle registration papers. They would therefore use the vehicle license papers (where the renewal disk is cut out yearly), or
· Vehicle license papers: Must be accompanied with a letter from the bank giving you authorization to take the vehicle across the border including dates. Both the bank letter and license papers should be signed by a Commissioner of Oaths
· If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle: Please carry an affidavit from the police giving you authorization from the owner / financial institution to take the vehicle abroad
· Valid driver's license
· Cross-border Charge: R220 per vehicle; R140 per trailer
· Carnet de Passage: Only compulsory if the vehicle is being shipped to Namibia. Application forms can be downloaded here .
Police Clearance Certificates are not required for temporary importation. These are only required if the vehicle is being used for rental purposes or if the importer is in the country on a working permit.
· Permit: Allowed up to three months, if staying in Namibia for longer and on a working permit, a provisional payment of duties valued at 16.5% of the value of the car has to be paid to customs. This is refundable upon the car's export from Namibia. The work permit must be shown on the passport and on the letter from the company in Namibia confirming that you will be working for them. Cars registered in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Mozambique and Botswana do not need to obtain a Carnet.
· ZA Sticker: Available at any AA Accredited Sales Agent
AA Club AA Namibia
78 Sam Nujoma Drive, Bougain Villas, Jenny's Place, Klein-Windhoek
Postal Address: PO Box 61, Windhoek, Namibia
Tel: +264 6122 4201
Currency : Namibian Dollar (NAD)